Fort Hamilton Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation is a comprehensive network of quality support and leisure services that enhances the lives of Soldiers, Civilians, Families, military retirees and other eligible participants.
Family and MWR's vision is to be the driving force for programs and services that provide the foundation for the Army’s home by:
- Increasing Soldier and Family resiliency
- Restoring balance
- Enhancing recruitment, readiness and retention for Soldiers and Families
Family and MWR's mission is to support Army Force Generation by enabling all Commanders to provide Family and MWR programs and services that result in a quality of life to Soldiers and Families commensurate with their sacrifice and service.
Fort Hamilton Family and MWR staff is comprised of more than 150 Family and MWR professionals who provide support to Soldiers, Civilians, Retiree and their Families throughout the New York Metro area.
Family and MWR programs, services and activities offer Soldiers and Families opportunities to enrich their lives culturally and creatively. Our programs relieve stress, build strength and resilience, and help the Army Family stay physically, mentally, and financially fit.
The Army’s investment in delivering the highest quality programs and services – from Family, child and youth programs to recreation, sports, entertainment, travel and leisure activities – reflects its commitment to the Army Family Covenant.
- Child, Youth & School Services
- Army Family Programs
- Soldier Programs & Community Recreation
- Family and MWR Business Initiatives
- MWR Recreation Delivery to theater operations
- Additionally, the Family and MWR Academy provides outstanding professional development training and support to MWR personnel in the management and administration of MWR programs, people, and resources.